12.30.2012

Christmas Tours: part 2

On sunday morning we rushed off to my old and very first studio flat to see the current tenant out and get the keys back. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures even though my poor little studio is looking a bit worse for wear. It needs a good lick of paint and new floors and most of all a good clean...lucky for you it doesn't really show too much on the pics.




Boyfriend photobomb! This weekend was full of good photobombs wasn't it?

Here comes my favourite part of the whole tiny studio


The built-in desk that looks out onto a view of the cathedral! I sat on that desk for hours with the windows open just looking at the city or sketching the cathedral and pretending to be a cool art student. Wild times.

We took a walk around my old neighborhood which is very quiet and consists of mostly retired people or very large families (see below)



I wonder if the daugther who got married is still living at home with her husband and their baby. Also, why is the baby just "B"? No name? Maybe they finally ran out of names. It's a very cute idea though don't you think?


 Very insistent dog photobomb


Five minutes on this bench and you will be lucky forever


Nice street art. On to my collection of doors!





Nothing says Christmas like a cute little wreath. I can't wait to have a front door of my own so I can go mad with cheesy decorations.

Right, now are you ready for some serious before & after material by my friend Manu? You can see the before below or click here for lots of other pics of their "in progress" house. For now let's focus on the wardrobe though.

Ready? Before:


 After:


Surprise! TWO different wallpapers! Toile de Jouy and hound's tooth. Perfect colours, perfect layout, AND perfectly tidy. Now that's what I call a cupboard. 







 And as a bonus, it lives with the coolest cat in town. Purr purr.


What did we do after our yummy lunch at Manu & David's? Oh yes: we visited the most crowded Christmas market ever and took some pictures and failed to find any beeswax candles (Does anyone know where I can find some?)




 Origami lights! Brilliant!

Then we came across a flea market



Stopped for mulled wine on our way to the station, then home and bed!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete