12.20.2013

A quick trip to the big city

Well we've been living in England for almost six months now. That means six month living a 3-hour (affordable) train ride from London and not taking advantage of it....until last week! Boyfriend recently found a new client who was looking to add a freelance editor and a translator to his team. Bingo!
Although I've already started working for him, we all thought it would be nice to meet face to face just to make sure we agree on basic work ethics and outlook etc. That's the only excuse I needed to go to London. We also got to visit my cousin and his wife and their lovely new baby and their lovely new house. It was an intense 3 days!

The other things I managed to squeeze in were:



A visit to 2 of my favourite shops that happen to be almost neighbours. Handy when you're short of time but need a bit of a city shopping buzz. Not that I bought anything. Too much choice, too many people, too confusing. I'm a country girl now.


We got our fill of sushi and starbucks. The latter tasted really nasty now that I'm used to our local cafes. 


My sole purchase of the trip was this lovely blue Hornsea Pottery jar! Apparently this colour is really hard to find, it's certainly the first time I've ever seen it. And at £6 from a random charity shop in Twickenham it seemed like something I had to have.

I can't wait to get a bit more time to spend in London. The more I go, the more I love it there. Maybe because my Granny was a real Cockney, born within the sound of Bow bells! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment