7.18.2012

Mirror mirror, on the wall (at last)

We've been living in our flat for 1 year and 3 months. 

From about day one, this mirror has been leaning on this console table at the end of our hallway waiting to be hung on the wall.


I waited patiently for our landlord to move the intercom and heating control box to the other wall as he had promised. I waited and waited and waited. Guess what? I'm also still waiting for him to build 3 walls and add a garage door to our parking space like he promised he would. Oh, and that bar that he was going to build in the kitchen? Yep, still waiting.

Anyhooo.

Things have changed! Nails have been banged into the wall regardless of where cables might be hiding! Measurements have been taken with no particular attention to detail, resulting in a slighty lopsided arrangement, but I'm the only one who can see it and I don't care. All I care about is this:


Prettyyyy!




This photo isn't straight but it gives you a better view of the frames. The botanical prints came from an old bookshop in Tours where I also found a vintage edition of Love at the time of cholera. The sketch is one of mine from years ago, I think it's a flying squirrel. Actually now that I think about it, that frame around the mirror is probably one of my first flea market finds. It came from St Pierre de Jards, a tiny tiny village next to where I used to live. I must have been about 15 or 16 when I bought it. 

Ah, those were the days!


1 comment:

  1. The mirror and frames create such a lovely vignette, and it actually makes the thermostat and phone less noticeable.

    ReplyDelete